Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

One month

Today marks one month since Lucy passed away. My parents and I went to breakfast, then stopped by the cemetery to visit Lucy. They left about 10:30 this morning.

I saw my first monarch butterfly today. Lucy enjoyed butterflies and hummingbirds. The painted lady butterflies have been around for well over a month, but Lucy would be excited seeing the first monarch of the season.

Late this afternoon, I heard a fox yipping and barking. My guess is a pair is scouting locations for a den. It was this time last year a male and female were in the neighborhood.

The gardens really kicked into gear now that the weather has warmed up again and the rain has stopped for a few days. OK, so the fool living southwest of me is watering his back yard and then will gripe loudly and profanely about the mosquitoes. You would think that over five inches of rain  the first ten days of the month would adequately moisten the soil down several inches. I know the ground clumped when I was planting glad bulbs today at a depth of four inches.

I had planted dahlias a couple weeks ago and they have sprouted. The string beans in the hanging planters are about an inch long now. All the blue flax is in full bloom and the white flax is starting to bloom. Lucy would be happy with her gardens right now.

I'm behind on getting garden pictures taken and uploaded. The upcoming week is going to be incredibly busy, but I hope to squeeze in some time for photos. It is supposed to be in the 80's almost the entire week, although Friday into Saturday looks stormy and sticky.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone! One of my blessing is my mother is still alive. Lucy had lost her mother in August. This would have been her first Mother's Day without her mother. Now they are together.

Thank you for your time, and please take time to count your blessings. You have more than you think!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with starting the new job. I like the company already - they waited for you, and that speaks volumes about you as well as the company.

    ReplyDelete

I moderate comments because blogging software sometimes gets abused by spammers to post garbage. Thank you for your understanding!