Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Two year anniversary

Two years today Lucy had her surgery and found out she had out she had ovarian cancer. Today is Easter Sunday for the majority of Christians. One of the messages of the season is that love transcends life and we take comfort in that.

Lucy is still with us. She has been home for nine days. She is resting a lot and occasionally tries to fully awake. Her hospice nurse stopped by today and told me to stay the course on her comfort medications. Her body is slowing down.

My parents are on their way home. They will be back tomorrow afternoon. Lucy will have a bath aide here tomorrow and may have a nurse stop by. Her case manager nurse will be here on Tuesday. I can manage the remainder of her care tonight and tomorrow.

Enjoy your Easter! Lucy and I will enjoy each others company. That is the best Easter present I can receive. Give your loved ones an extra hug from us today!

1 comment:

I moderate comments because blogging software sometimes gets abused by spammers to post garbage. Thank you for your understanding!