Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Photographs and Memories

Lucy's obituary ran today in the Star Tribune and the Mesabi Daily News

The funeral home will put together a DVD that will be played during the visitation. I will be supplying 30 photographs tomorrow morning so the production is done by the service on Saturday.

Steve and Liz invited me over for dinner tonight. I really appreciated getting out and spending time with them. I brought along a CD with about 90 scanned photos of Lucy. I knew this would help me select the 30 I need. While going through the pictures, I ran across some I had forgotten about. The memories were so soothing. I'll miss Lucy for the remainder of my time here, but the wonderful memories of our time together ease most of the pain.

I was thinking about having a tribute board that would be displayed during the visitation. The funeral service will be short and simple per Lucy's request so there will not be time to have people speak during the service.By having the written tributes, people can honor Lucy. I will make the tributes available on the blog as quickly as I can afterwards since I know there are a number of people who will not be able to attend. If you would like to leave a tribute, please email it to tealowljourney@gmail.com. I'll ensure your email address is masked. Any tributes brought the day of the service will be transcribed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because blogging software sometimes gets abused by spammers to post garbage. Thank you for your understanding!