Her nosebleed started at 1:30 and finally let up around 3:00. The nurse practitioner at Minnesota Oncology helped Lucy with her nosebleed. Anticoagulants are so fun. She also was contacted by Dr. Thurmes who was at Fairview Southdale on rounds.
She was admitted to Fairview Southdale as a precaution. Lucy also had some extra blood work drawn along with blood cultures. They need to wait 18 hours after her Lovenox injection before they can start IV heparin. That means she will get woken at 4:30 am. She just had completed an IV antibiotic because they suspect cellulitis. An ultrasound of the left leg found that the clot in her groin was solidifying. We are hoping she will not need a TPA catheter started tomorrow. In the past few hours, she started running a fever which is at about 102° right now. The Tylenol will help reduce the fever.
It is frustrating that this clotting problem flared up again. More than likely she is here until Sunday. We were looking forward to a nice quiet weekend at home and having her leg continue to heal. Now it's back to a wait and see mode. Keep Lucy in your thoughts and prayers this weekend. It helps us get through these setbacks.
At least I don't have to play Nurse Ratched with the Lovenox while she's in the hospital. See, I did manage to find something positive.