Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get

Benjamin Franklin has wanted "Tempus Fugit" (time flees) as the motto of the united States, and had that motto placed on some of the Continental Congress coinage. Working extra hours shortens my week, of course. I swear about the time Silverlight starts making sense something else throws me for a loop. I know my brain is not functioning at anywhere near 100% which isn't helping. I keep blanking out on stuff that I know.

Minnesota Oncology sent a sympathy card that arrived on Monday. The post office screwed up delivery. It was very nice of them to do that. Lucy and I knew she got the best possible care from them.

There were three birthdays, Jane on the 6th, John on the 7th and Julie on the 8th that I haven't properly acknowledged. Happy belated birthday to each of you.

The flower gardens are hitting their stride. I need to get a few more photos in the photo gallery. The Asian lilies are spectacular this year and the ancient and sickly peony actually bloomed. It looks like I'll get a pretty good crop of blackberries and raspberries and the string beans I am growing in containers on the deck look to be setting flower buds. Now that the monsoon season has ended, the lawn doesn't require twice per week mowing.

Lucy would be happy with the increased number of monarchs I am seeing. Monarchs had a huge population crash several years ago when a large wintering area for them got unseasonably cold and killed a few billion of them. The dragonflies are really busy and I'm seeing sphinx moths which almost look like hummingbirds. I have not seen a hummingbird yet this year, but I'm sure they are out there.

Wednesday will be two months since Lucy's passing. In some ways, it doesn't seem like it's been that long, yet in other ways, it seems like two million years.

The weather has cooperated nicely for the Twin Cities area as of late. It sounds like tomorrow night could bring some rain and possibly a few storms our way. The air conditioner has been getting a workout lately, too.

Give our loved ones a hug tonight and make it meaningful. You may be surprised at how much a good hug is appreciated, especially when they go from plentiful to scarce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because blogging software sometimes gets abused by spammers to post garbage. Thank you for your understanding!